When you have experienced a water leak or moisture that has affected your walls, floors or ceiling, serious problems will begin to arise. To avoid mold and structural damage, it is best to correct these moisture issues immediately, because the longer you allow the problem to persist, the more extensive and costly the damage and restoration will be. The following are 3 reasons to why acting immediately is vital after spotting a mold and mildew problem:

1. Mold Will Cause Health Problems

When individuals breathe in mold or mildew, it can cause serious health hazards. Mold and mildew are known to impair the entire human system, causing common allergic reaction symptoms, dizziness, skin rashes, nervous-system disorders, respiratory problems, and depression. In fact, some types of mold are so toxic they are cancerous and can eventually lead to death.

Most often, mildew, which is a form of mold or fungus, infests our living and workspaces when there is a high level of moisture, and because it can hide in cracks in our walls and other invisible places, most of us are unaware that we are being exposed to its extremely harmful effects. This is why it is so important that you recognize the symptoms of mold in your home and take the necessary steps to protect you, your family and your pets.

2. Mold Identifies Structural Damage

Once you notice mold on your walls, ceilings, floors, or other areas, you may already be experiencing structural damage to your property. Mold needs moisture to grow, so the area where you find it will most likely already be suffering from water damage to some degree. Mold gradually degrades wood, wallpaper, paint, insulation, and other building materials, so the longer it remains ignored, the more damage it will cause to the material it has attached to.

3. Mold is an Eyesore

Particularly when it has spread over a large area, the look of mold can cause others to feel uncomfortable in your home. The appearance of mold growth gives the impression that your home or business is unclean and unkempt. Also, mold affects the air quality of its surroundings and gives off a peculiar smell that is uninviting; therefore, to prevent mold from developing and spreading, it is necessary to ensure proper ventilation, moisture control, air exchange, cleanliness, and consistently examine areas you would not normally pay attention to while cleaning your home.

Graystone Restoration has helped many businesses and residents with mold cleaning, removal, and restoration. Our mold remediation process is done by using industrial grade dehumidifiers, thermal imaging technology, HEPA vacuuming, water extractors, air movers, and testing/cleaning air systems to evaluate and stabilize the environment’s moisture levels.

So if you have an emergency, you can call us 24/7 at (813) 931-1680 or you can request more information about Graystone Restoration and the services we offer by calling during normal business hours. We are here for you 24/7, 365 days a year.