In the case of flood or water damage, an immediate response is necessary to prevent additional unnecessary damage from taking place inside your home. In Florida, water damage is common due to the frequent storms and exterior leaks. However, most water damage is from a bursting pipe, overflowing sink or toilet, leaky appliance or roof, and sewer backups. Whatever the cause of your water damage, we are on call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Not only is water damage frustrating and a huge inconvenience for you, trying to clean up the mess on your own is exhausting, time-consuming, and ultimately ineffective. Only a professional can fully dry and restore your house back to its original condition. Our technicians use industrial strength water extraction and drying equipment to completely dry, sanitize, and restore your home from the water damage.
After an immediate phone assessment of your emergency, a drying professional will be dispatched and on-site within 4 hours. Our technician will inspect the damage, develop a drying plan, and then once you approve of it, will begin the drying process immediately.
The drying process begins by immediately extracting any standing water still in your home. Then, we stabilize the environment by installing dehumidifiers to control the relative humidity. This pulls the moisture from the air and replaces it with dry air. Finally, we use our industrial air movers to dry the affected areas, while also monitoring the drying process throughout by taking and documenting moisture readings of the structural components and ambient air.
We are committed to working closely with your insurance company and adjusters, providing them with extensive documentation of the loss, and a detailed estimate for the repairs. We will assist you in settling your claim as quickly and accurately as possible.
Our highly skilled, IICRC-certified technicians recognize the necessity of a rapid emergency response and thorough restoration job. Graystone Restoration understands the importance of returning your property back to its pre-loss condition quickly and professionally so you can carry on with peace of mind.
So whether you are dealing with a broken pipe or are knee deep in water, we are here to help you.
If you have an emergency, you can call us 24/7 at (813) 931-1680. For non-emergencies or to request more information about Graystone Restoration and the services we offer, please call during normal business hours. We are here for you 24/7, 365 days a year.
Tips for Dealing with Water Damage:
First and foremost, you are at the right place if you have water damage. Make sure you call us now so we can assist you in dealing with your water damage. In the mean-time, during the short wait until our drying professional arrives, below are some helpful tips:
- Safety First – Depending on the source that caused the water damage, the water may contain bacteria, mold, viruses, or other pollutants which can cause harm to anyone in direct contact with it. To avoid health risks, steer clear of any suspect wet materials.
- If the water damage is due to a plumbing malfunction, shut off the main water switch to the house.
- Disconnect the power and unplug electronics. Do not use any electricity until it has been cleared by a professional.
- Open the windows to allow for maximum airflow (This helps reduce the relative humidity if the air is dryer outside than inside).
- If the electricity has been determined safe to use, turn on any ceiling fans, box fans and dehumidifiers you have in the house.
- If you do not have a water removal vacuum, leave extraction for the professionals.
- Move any valuables and possessions that can be easily relocated to a dry area immediately.
- Clear off any furniture that will need to be moved by the drying professionals.